Monday, May 11, 2009

Please help me find the main ideas and possible hidden meanings of this sonnet!?

Men call you fayre; and you doe credit it


For that yourself ye dail, that is gentle wit


And a virtuous mind is much more praised of me.


For all the rest, however fayre it be


Shall turn to bought and lose that glorious hue


But only that is permenant and free


From frail corruption that doth flesh ensew.


That is true beauty, that doth urgue you


To be devine and borne of heval, seed


Derived from that fayre spirit from whom all true


And perfect beauty did at first proceed.


He only fayre, and what He fayre hath made


All other fayre, lyke flowers, untymly fade.





A friend wrote it for me and he told me that when i read it and understand it all to go talk to him, but I'm not sure that I have gotten the full meaning so please tell me what you think. Thank you so much in advance!

Please help me find the main ideas and possible hidden meanings of this sonnet!?
Men call you Fair (pretty) and you are


but you also have gentle wit


And a virtuous (pure) mind (and I value that even more)


(beauty,,)..however "fair" it is


(loses glorious hue) fades


but only that which is free from corruption (sin) that the flesh causes is true beauty


(real beauty,,(argues you) tells you to be devine and "heavenly"


( all true beauty comes (proceeds) from heaven


he only Fair (only god is beauty) and what god has made fair


all others fair,,,like flowers, fade


(outward beauty gone over time)





It was a really big compliment..You are beautiful outwardly but also inwardly ,,which is of greater importance..and virtuous too.


No comments:

Post a Comment